Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SATAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Deicide was kind of a joke to me when I first heard them. The satanic shtick was laughable, but I still enjoyed it. Then I kind of became obsessed with everything they did up through the Once Upon the Cross album. I even dug a bit of Serpents of the Light. Since then, meh... I think they quit caring at that point. Legion was more technical than Once Upon the Cross and would be classified as my 2nd fave Deicide album, but the god damn songs on OUTC are just well written, classic, Floridian death metal at its finest; therefore, it stands as my favorite Deicide record and one of my favorite death metal albums in general. I can understand some of the hate and lack of respect this band gets due to some of the bullshit they ended up releasing, but fuck. Listen to this song and try not to get your satanic headbang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment