Saturday, May 14, 2011

more mid 90's HC nostaglia: THREADBARE edition

So we just moved and I started the task of unpacking some of my old cd's that I haven't looked at in years. One of those was Threadbare's Feeling Older Faster CDEP  (Doghouse Records) which I picked up when new in '94 or '95. I'm too lazy to check facts. Tons of 90's hardcore doesn't hold up for shit. Either the songs are shitty high school kid emo poetry with awesome, scoopy, Crate tone or its a huge string of BROOTAL mosh riffs. Threadbare did something original. They were heavy as fuck and you can tell they were for real and playing with emotion. Well if they weren't they made it sound genuine. To me, at least, it still holds up. No one I know really ever talks about them, so I am guessing they are underrated by many. So POTAH is here to spread the word. The band was from Minneapolis (one of the lesser 'apolises of our great nation, well at least to 'napolis). I don't know what members went on to do or really care. Just listen to this shit and feel it.
get you some

No comments:

Post a Comment