Monday, November 8, 2010

happy melodic death metal!!!!

I saw Gorguts clear the room at a local all ages venue years ago when they were touring with Cryptopsy and Nile, i think...I'd heard them before, but that was not this shit. It was seriously one of the most disgusting live performances I've ever seen. i can see why many could not handle it. Maybe they were just peeing or something? who cares. It was also probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen and shaped my view of death metal ever since. No longer did many death metal bands cut it for me after that... I could not take my eyes or ears off of them. It was like a homeless man was shitting in my ears and screaming at me while randomly playing metal riffs with his frostbitten toes. Did they really write that shit? Hell yeah they did. The weird, dissonant, "skronky" album that is Obscura is still one of the best jams on the planet. -pcm

No comments:

Post a Comment